Joan Papert Preiss, 1925-2012 In the fall of 1987, I was taking a Duke Public Policy leadership class and called Joan Preiss to ask her if I could do a student internship with the Triangle Friends of the United Farmworkers (TFUFW) as part of my coursework. I had just finished a life-changing summer internship in Belle Glade, [...]
Archive | July, 2012
- Competing Twitter hashtags reflect divided response to Paris attacks
- 5 reasons why online Big Data is Bad Data for researching social movements
- From French Resistance to hashtag activism: How our obsession with the extraordinary masks the power of the ordinary
- Bringing the Organization Back In: Social Media and Social Movements
- Is Facebook just another paperboy with bad aim?