In my post on PBS.org’s MediaShift, I contend that Big Data is Too Small. I will also be giving a talk on the topic at the American Sociological Association’s Annual Meeting on August 13 in New York. Here’s the lede: “The utopian hype over Big Data is being critiqued on many fronts. After all, it isn’t that new. [...]
Archive | July, 2013
- Competing Twitter hashtags reflect divided response to Paris attacks
- 5 reasons why online Big Data is Bad Data for researching social movements
- From French Resistance to hashtag activism: How our obsession with the extraordinary masks the power of the ordinary
- Bringing the Organization Back In: Social Media and Social Movements
- Is Facebook just another paperboy with bad aim?