Have you seen Kony 2012? If so, you are among the 85 million people worldwide who have watched this agit prop video sensation on YouTube in the last few weeks. What is agit prop? In documentary filmmaker parlance, it is agitation propaganda, or a video produced to effect social change. It is unlikely that any other piece of [...]
Archive | March, 2012
- Competing Twitter hashtags reflect divided response to Paris attacks
- 5 reasons why online Big Data is Bad Data for researching social movements
- From French Resistance to hashtag activism: How our obsession with the extraordinary masks the power of the ordinary
- Bringing the Organization Back In: Social Media and Social Movements
- Is Facebook just another paperboy with bad aim?