Not Just a Bunch of Hippy Anarchist College Students Among the six of us, we have 15 kids. Meeting for the first time, we sat on the bench talking about our children. I have two, I said. Derrick has one daughter. Roger said he had four while Patrick boasted of eight children. No, this wasn’t [...]
On Monday morning, I saw the sunrise over various police agencies dismantling (again) Occupy Oakland tents. That evening, I marched back at sunset with other protesters to take back the plaza. The night before, Denver and Portland authorities moved in to take down local occupy encampments and a swat team stormed an Occupy group’s takeover [...]
- Competing Twitter hashtags reflect divided response to Paris attacks
- 5 reasons why online Big Data is Bad Data for researching social movements
- From French Resistance to hashtag activism: How our obsession with the extraordinary masks the power of the ordinary
- Bringing the Organization Back In: Social Media and Social Movements
- Is Facebook just another paperboy with bad aim?