In the digital era of so-called Facebook revolutions or hashtag activism, many claim that participation in social movements is individualized and personalized, but building and sustaining a political movement, even an online movement, still requires organization. I make this argument in my recent blog post at the Berkeley Journal of Sociology.
Tag Archives | organizationsm keaderless
- Debate: The ‘gilets jaunes’ movement is not a Facebook revolution
- The false media focus on violence: If it bleeds it still leads
- Competing Twitter hashtags reflect divided response to Paris attacks
- 5 reasons why online Big Data is Bad Data for researching social movements
- From French Resistance to hashtag activism: How our obsession with the extraordinary masks the power of the ordinary